Saturday, March 21, 2009

The rest of my wonderful Spring Break

Alright, here is the rest of my Spring Break starting off with Wednesday. :]


Wednesday: Diane and I spent the day in downtown Dallas. We decided to take the DART train, since that would save gas and we could just take the train to wherever and not worry about parking. Well there's always creepers on there since it's cheap transportation in the middle of a big city, but I had never had an actual experience dealing with one until now. lol. We get onto the train at the first stop, and this guy is getting on at the same time at the door down from us, and I see him looking over at us but didn't think anything of it. We sit down, and the guy sits in front of us, then asks Diane if he could talk to her for a minute. She was like, about what? And he just started asking her creepy questions like how old she was, and what she does for fun, and where she goes to school and all that, and we're texting back and forth the whole time trying to decide what to do. She finally gets her boyfriend to call her so she could be distracted and when we got to our stop we like bolted off the train lol. Needless to say, it was kinda a freaky experience. We got some Starbucks and did a little shopping at Mockingbird Station and then got on the train again and took it farther downtown to the museum district and took some cool pics. Then we went to the West End, where we saw Keith Urban's tour bus in front of House Of Blues. He was playing a small, very expensive show there. We took pictures in front of his tour bus to look cool, of course. Then we got her boyfriend to drive us back to the car because he had met up with us at the West End and had his car with him so we didn't have to talk to anymore creepers lol.

Thursday: I spent the day out at Brandon's house on Thursday. But of course knowing me I had to get horribly lost on the way over, even though it's not difficult to get there at all. Google maps failed me twice in the same week. Sigh. But yes, we grabbed some lunch and walked around the outdoor shops and drove around and looked at all the fancy houses out there. Then we chilled at his house for awhile and he and his brother tried to make me do a system update on my computer so I could get the new version of Safari, but since I've only done one the whole two years I've had my Mac, it was going to take like 7 hours lol. So no new cool Safari for me. Later I came home and then Diane and I went to Starbucks and studied for a few hours.

Friday: Woke up and watched SFA play in the NCAA tournament. Although we lost, it was still awesome to see my school play in a national tournament. And, we didn't even loose that badly since the team we played was epically great. So yes, I am definitely still proud to be a Lumberjack! Then I got ready for the day and went to meet up with Diane at Starbucks again to study for a few hours. Then I came home and watched some movies and ate ice cream and just relaxed.

Saturday: Today I did basically nothing of interest. lol. Just did laundry and packed and got ready to head back to Nac. Now I'm ready to go back, but I don't want to face responsibilities or schoolwork. There is nothing of interest going on in the next three weeks. Well, actually there is a lot, but I'm not really excited about it. Going camping with the sorority next weekend. I am dreading it. I've never been camping, so I'm really nervous. I mean, what if we get eaten by bears or something? lol. Kidding. But yes, what will I do without my computer or hair straightener for a couple days? Freak out, I'm sure. Maybe it'll be fun. I doubt it though. Well here's to a great spring break. Hopefully the rest of this semester won't be too bad.

No comments: