Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break days 3 and 4

Spring Break has been pretty great so far. I didn't blog yesterday, so I will start with Monday's adventures. I was woken up by my sister, and got ready and then went to Northpark with my mom and sister to go shopping. We got there and were having lunch, and the subject of my summer plans came up. I really really really want to stay at school this summer, it's just been a bit difficult convincing the parents. So, we're talking about it, and my mom actually seems okay with me doing that. And, she actually came up with an idea involving me having a car over the summer. Since my dad would have to come get me in May, it would be pretty hard for him to come back three weeks later to drop me off, come back in August to get me, and drop me off again later in August, so me having a car for the summer only would actually be beneficial. Since we have an extra car at the house right now it actually would work out perfectly. However, since there is no newspaper in summer I would have to find a job in order to have the car there. But that might not be too hard. Talked to dad about it today. He's not 100% convinced, but he's getting there. I would be so so so happy if I could have a car for summer! So we'll see. :] Anyways, we did some shopping, and I ended up getting two pairs of sandals, some shorts for the pool, and a pair of capris. Later that night my dad got home from his trip to Seattle so I caught up with him for awhile, and then just talked to people online the rest of the evening.

Today I woke up and went to get my hair trimmed, and came back to the house and ate some lunch. Then Diane and I went to Sprinkles Cupcakes, and it was amazing as usual. Then we went to Northpark, again. lol. I got a really cute turquoise dress at Forever 21. Tonight I took my sister and her best friend to see Jason Reeves in concert, which we have been quite excited about. It was in downtown Dallas, and I know my way around pretty well, but stupid google maps failed me this time. We got downtown, and were supposed to turn down some street near one of the DART stations, but it turned out to be some scary thing, and at one point we actually thought we were driving on the train tracks and were going to be stuck out there. It was very scary lol. But thankfully we found the venue, and got inside. We made our way to the front of the crowd and were right up by the stage. It was a small venue but that's nice because it feels more intimate. Jason Reeves was really great live. He played all our favorite songs, and I have come to the conclusion that I have to put dating a musician on my list of things to do before i turn 100. It's going to happen. And I don't mean like a guy that knows how to play an instrument in college band, I mean like a real legit (sorry jordan :P) band and whatnot. :]

On a random note, I have come to the conclusion that when I graduate next year I want to move to New York City and get a really awesome studio apartment in Greenwich Village and work in some area of the journalism/communication industry and be like a starving bohemian type writer. It's going to be great.

2 comments:

Jordan Lea said...

hahahahahahaha.
Legit.
I used that word the other day.
It hurt me. lol

So, I've decided that I'm learning to play guitar. I'll move to NY with you and be a starving artist. :)

Marie said...

um YAY! sounds like a plan. :]


lol and that reminded me of the time in the car a few weeks ago when you were like, marie, i'm about to use a word that i hardly ever do....hahahaha.